Developing a best-selling idea for an Amazon tool line or range is meaningless if you can’t produce it properly. Proper manufacturing requires understanding of design, materials, chain-supplies, assembly, and budget.
Production is the key to turning your idea into a successful product. You’ll need help from an experienced manufacturer if you want all of these products made to the quality standards and quantities you require.
Here are some things that should be considered before making contact with a wholesale manufacturer for Amazon sellers.
1. Know What to Look for In a Wholesale Manufacturer
According to industry experts, you should look for the following attributes in a wholesale manufacturer:
- Demonstration of knowledge and experience
A good idea is to find a factory that’s already producing goods or products similar to yours. This ensures they understand your market and what it takes for them to succeed, too!
- Technical capabilities
They are already able to produce goods similar enough in function, style, quality, and design to what you want. This guarantees that they are aware of your industry and what it takes to be successful.
Do the facilities specialize in creating products for major brands or retailers? Is it licensed and accredited, or has it had any regulatory issues in its past that might affect you as a buyer? If it’s overseas, what labor policies do they have that could impact staff turnover and risk quality controls if things go wrong with an order?
- Ask the Right Questions
When it comes to selecting a factory, you must be thorough in your research. In the vetting procedure, it’s critical to ask the right questions when choosing a business.
- What sort of industry experience do you have?
- Who are the current clientele you are serving?
- How long would it take to make my product?
- What is the minimum order quantity?
- Can you present recent documentation of inspections or independent audits?
- Do you outsource any of the work to other manufacturers, or do you handle everything internally?
- What choices do I have for paying? Are deposits necessary?
- Do you manufacture materials in-house or contract them out?
- Do I need to offer my own raw materials, or can you source them for me?
3. Find a Manufacturing Manager
If you are working with overseas manufacturers and suppliers, it is a good idea to hire a manufacturing manager. This person will be responsible for negotiations, orders, and managing your partners. They can also act as a bridge between your business and the manufacturing companies.
Your business will have an easier time managing production when the managers speak the local language. This helps promote communication and makes things go smoothly for you!
4. Use Online Manufacturer Directories
One of the most popular methods for locating a factory to make your product is through online supplier directories or B2B websites. They function as manufacturer’s catalogs with profiles of hundreds or thousands of manufacturers, wholesalers, and suppliers.
Manufacturers included in these directories are frequently verified and evaluated. This may help you feel more comfortable that your provider is genuine.
- Global Sourcing Specialists (GSS): GSS will connect you with a suitable manufacturer from nearly everywhere. GSS works with firms that require large-scale or small-scale manufacturing. If you want to outsource your production, this is an excellent site to visit.
- Alibaba: If you’re searching for overseas wholesale manufacturers, Alibaba is another great place to go. You may use the website’s industry filter to find a match that is ideal for your company.
- MFG: You may use this tool to not only discover a factory in any country, but also to keep track of the progress of your work.
- Thomas.net: This service has over 500,000 commercial and industrial suppliers. It can not only assist you in locating bespoke manufacturing and fabricating firms, but it can also make the process of sourcing raw materials easier.
- Referrals or Networking
Referrals are a great source of fresh leads. Don’t be afraid to ask your professional contacts for recommendations or if they know of anyone who may help you. Search for people who have achieved success in an area that interests you and see whether they’re willing to share their lists.
Even if the companies you speak with don’t provide the level of service you require, they may be able to refer you to someone who can. Don’t be afraid to inquire. Being in the business means that they’ll almost certainly have excellent contacts and would like to offer you a solution that is a better fit.
Finding a reliable wholesale manufacturer for Amazon sellers is a tough slog. A reputable manufacturer and supplier that are also a good fit is an important find for any new business, and they aren’t always straightforward to discover.
When you hit a dead end or run into a brick wall, it’s easy to get frustrated, but finding the ideal partner for your new business usually just requires a little more patience, perseverance, and investigation.